Monday, October 24, 2011

GREY’S ANATOMY “P.Y.T. (Pretty Young Thing)” Review

I have to say that I really liked this episode of Grey’s Anatomy. First, Meredith is on Derek’s Alzheimer’s clinical trial and she is very good at it. It probably is no surprise after all of those years dealing with her mother. However, just when she gets into her groove, the Chief offers her another trial regarding Type 1 diabetes, something started by her mother. You can see the Chief’s enthusiasm while at the same time you can see Meredith’s lack of enthusiasm. It was a very profound revelation when Meredith told the Chief that the woman she knew was quite different than the woman he knew. That is so true. The Chief knew Meredith’s mother as a brilliant doctor, which would naturally make him want to carry on her work. Meredith knew her as the woman with Alzheimer’s, which would naturally make her want to find a cure for the disease that took her mother away from her. I think that it was a great solution for Meredith to continue with her trials, but to allow the Chief to carry on her mother’s work.

Meanwhile, Alex immediately butts head with the new OB-GYN doc, Lucy Fields. It probably didn’t help that his first comment was sexist and his second comment was offensive and insensitive. That about sums Alex Karev up. I do agree with Dr. Bailey, though. Karev is turning into an outstanding doctor and he truly does care for his patients. He sat through an entire surgery he was not allowed to scrub in for, just to make sure his patient made it through okay. But, boy does he need some sensitivity training. I think Dr. Fields telling her story about her patient’s loss of the baby was a start, but those things usually don’t stick that long with Karev. I think he could learn a lot from Dr. Fields who, by they way, was distracting me with her eyebrows brought it to my attention. I just hope the writers do not immediately throw them in bed together.

Another one who may be losing the sensitivity chip is Sloan. I know he is upset that Lexie left him, but what did he expect? This is the second baby sprung on her in a short period of time, not to mention an admission that he slept with someone else. I thought it was very immature and wrong of him to bribe Avery to get Lexie to open up about how she was feeling. Does Sloan really need someone to tell him that? I was very proud of Avery when he kept Lexie’s secrets even if it meant losing a major surgery. I am sure that will come back to haunt him later once Sloan finds out he lied, but good for him for not treating Lexie like a commodity. Perhaps Sloan could learn a thing or two.

Finally, I am loving the whole pregnancy thing with Callie. I had forgotten that not everyone knew she was pregnant and loved how Owen made them get her coffee right away when he found out. On a side note, reducing hips looks quite hard. I was kind of concerned Callie was going to fall off the stretcher. Can you imagine what Sloan and Arizona would have done had they come in and found her doing that? In the end, she took back some control over her body and food intake thanks to a couple of extra votes, one for her baby!God I love her!

What did you think of this week’s episode of Grey’s Anatomy? I thought the return of Thatcher Grey was anticlimatic and only served to allow Lexie to be mean. We never even found out what was wrong with him.

No comments:

Post a Comment